Town Clerk

Contact Information
Contact:  Melanie Page
Phone:  (207) 250-2399
Fax: (207) 353-9126
Email:  [email protected]
Tuesday  9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Thursday  4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Friday  9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Saturday  8:00 am – 10:00 am

Profile of Services

The Town Clerk provides the following services:
  • Voter Registration
  • ATV’s & Snowmobile Registration
  • Marriage Licenses
  • Fishing & Hunting Licenses
  • Dog Licenses
  • Boat Registration
  • Birth Records
  • Genealogy Support
  • Notary Services

Voter Registration

Who can register and vote in Maine?

To register, you must be a United States citizen, at least 17 years of age, and have established a fixed principal home in Maine.

To vote in a Referendum or General Election, you must be registered in the community where you reside, and be at least 18 years of age. A 17 year old may vote in a Primary Election, if that person will be 18 by the General Election.

How do I register to vote?

You must fill out a voter registration card.

Where do I go to register?

You can register to vote at the town office, through any Motor Vehicle branch office, in most state & federal social service agencies, or at voter registration drives.

Completed voter registration cards may be hand delivered or mailed to your town office or city hall, or sent to the Secretary of State’s Office in Augusta.

Is there a deadline for registering?

There is no cut-off date for registering to vote in person at the town office. If you want to register to vote by mail or through a voter registration drive, the cut-off date is the close of business on the 21st day before the election.

ATV & Snowmobile Registration

You can register your ATV or Snowmobile in person during business hours. 

To renew your registration, please visit the Inland Fisheries and Wildlife online registration renewal program by clicking here.

Marriage License

How to Get a Marriage License

Marriage licenses are issued at the town office. The couple must visit the town office in person to apply for the marriage license.

  • If both of you are residents of the state of Maine, you should both apply at the town office where at least one of you is a resident. If you are residents of different Maine towns, you both may apply in one town or the other – you do not need to apply separately in each town.
  • If one is from out of state, then both of you should apply in the town where one holds residency.
  • If neither of you is a resident of Maine, then you may apply in any Maine town office. It need not be the same town where you plan to be married.

Your marriage license is valid for 90 days and can only be used within the State of Maine. There is no longer a waiting period from the time your marriage license is issued until your wedding can take place. The person performing the ceremony is responsible for filing the marriage certificate with the town office that issued the marriage license.

For additional laws and requirements, please click here

Fishing & Hunting Licenses

You can purchase a Fishing or Hunting License in person during business hours.

You can also purchase your license online though the State of Maine MOSES service. For more information, please click here

Dog Licenses

Dog licenses (New and Renewal) are due by January 31st each year. A late fee of $25.00 per dog will be assessed starting on February 1st of each year.

Proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination is required prior to purchasing or renewing a license, without exception.

The Town of Bowdoin does NOT participate in online dog license new license or renewals at this time.

Boat Registration

You can register your boat in person during business hours.

The Town of Bowdoin does NOT participate in online boat registration at this time.

Birth Records, Genealogy, and Notary Services

Please visit the Town Clerk during business hours for support with:

  • Birth Records
  • Genealogy Support
  • Notary Services